After creating a few accounts, here are a few suggestions (no specific order)
For a first release, this is a good tool, it's way faster than IMPS and I hope it will become more and more usable.
Anti spam in email
- gmx has a "no spam filter option". It would be great if the bot set it.
- aol has a filter option, you can add a filter like : "move all email where "from" contains "@" to inbox folder"
- when creating an email, profile info should be automatically updated and saved
- blip.fm password should be automatically updated. the mail format is easy to recognize
- manual search of emails, manual login is especially painful:
When doing account creation in batch, with custom proxies, the bot should take care of this.
Manual login means finding the same proxy as the bot, configuring it on a browser, clearing cookies, copying/pasting, clicking 3 times,
finding the good email, clicking, login... whow... this is no more a bot
I think the bot should fetch the emails, then delete them from the email server.
Then, it visits the generic urls, but stores the few special ones (blip, identi.ca..)
These can then be part of a custom processing to update blip.fm pasword, and login to identi.ca
The core functions are in the soft. It just lacks a little logic to be fully automated.
- password must be 6 chars min for most services. The profile screen should enforce this.
- same thing with max username length
- if a username is taken, try again with a slightly different name (add/replace a digit ?)
- Load/save global configuration
I'd like to name the current config (what accounts to create or not, what to link where)
and be able to save/restore it so I can easily switch beetween several config.
That's it for now.
The biggest pain is the email validation and the need of manual login/csv editing.